Manufacturing Plastic Components, Mid-to-High Volume Runs for OEM Products
- Dashboards / Fascia / Headliners / Overhead Compartments
- Fenders / Guards / Fins / Shields
- Instrument Panels / Housings / Control Boxes
- Tractors & Mowers, Fork Lifts, Skid Steer Loaders, Excavator & Dozer Cabs, & Many More
- Large (~ 4′ x 8′) and Small (~ 2″ x 2″) parts, using virgin and recycled materials such as PVC, PETE, HIPS, HDPE, PP, ABS, PC, Kydex [Conductive, Static Dissipative, UL and FR Grades, plus other engineering grades]
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
We specialize in mid-to-high volume production, and will take on prototyping projects that fit our sweet spot. Ask about our recent (late 2020) equipment upgrades that allow us to produce more efficiently.
Talk with an engineer at CJK to discuss your current or upcoming project.
Great Products for Great Customers
Senior Industrial/Packaging Engineer — Automotive Industry Client
Packaging Engineer — Long Term Client
Buyer — Automotive Client
Heavy Plastics Capabilities
Custom tool design and manufacturing
Complete trimming with 3- and 5-axis CNC router capabilities, die-cutting, and punch and drill operations
Hot stamp, painting, screen printing, labeling, and other decorating options
Bosses, threaded inserts, and other fastener systems
- Evaluate customer-supplied design
- CJK creates 3D solid model for initial approval
- CJK machines all molds and production fixtures in-house
- Prototype or 1st article is evaluated and approved
- Full production of final product begins
What are the Key Features and Benefits of Heavy Gauge Thermoforming?
When we work with our clients in the development of OEM enclosures, guards, covers, facias, and panels, our design engineering process focuses on the following key features and benefits.
- Low-cost product and tooling
- Customized design details to handle customer product and process functional criteria. Considerations for positioning, retention, and protection of product as applicable
- Distribution requirements
- Outdoor environmental considerations for design and appropriate material selection
- Excellent aesthetics
- Ergonomic considerations for:
- Clients’ product assembly process –manual or automatic. Ease of assembly for increased efficiency and reduced cost
- Consumer appeal and ease of use to enhance customer satisfaction, brand preference and repeat purchases of the product
- Text/engraving or decorating requirements for corporate logos, part numbers, desired text, resin ID codes, etc. for identification and branding
Which Materials are used in Heavy Gauge Thermoforming?
Heavy gauge thermoforming materials typically used for OEM enclosures, guards, covers, facias, and panels include: PETE, HDPE, PP, HIPS, PVC, PETG, ABS, Kydex, Polycarbonate and others. Recycled, virgin, blends, FDA grade, and medical grades are also available.
Clear, black, white and custom colors are available, along with various textures such as smooth, matte, gloss, hair cell, etc. View our complete list of commonly used materials for thermoforming and packaging.